II AII COMMITTEE OF SENIOR OFFICIALS AND 11TH EUSAIR GOVERNING BOARD HELD IN BRUSSELS - 18 FEBRUARY 2020
The second AII Committee of Senior Officials under Serbian Chairmanship took place in Brussels on February 18 back-to-back with the first session of the 11th EUSAIR Governing Board.
After a brief report on the activities conducted so far under Serbian Chairmanship, AII Senior Officials discussed about the achievements of the Presidency up to now and the planned activities until the end of the Presidency in May.
The Serbian Chairmanship presented to the CSO a productive calendar of upcoming activities that foresees:
- 3rd Trio Presidency (tbc);
- 42nd International Tourism Fair (Belgrade, 20-23/02/2020), in cooperation with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Serbia;
- 9th Energy and Investment International Days (Novi Sad, tbd), in cooperation with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Serbia;
- 4 EUSAIR Thematic Steering Groups meetings (March/April);
- AII Round Table on Youth Connectivity (Belgrade, 15-16/04/2020), in cooperation with the Serbian Ministry of Youth and Sport, in conjunction with the Exhibition – Traditional ornaments of the Adriatic-Ionian Region (conducted by the Museum of Applied Arts and Ethnographic Museum in Belgrade together with the Serbian Ministry of Culture and Information);
- AII Roundtable on “Trans-national tourist products as a way of connecting the coastline with the hinterland“ (on the topic of the Roman Emperors’ Route and Danube Wine Route“) (Belgrade, exact date tbd);
- AII 20th Anniversary of the Adriatic and Ionian Initiative (Ancona, 22-24/04/2020);
- 4th International Fair of Technics and Technical Achievements (Belgrade, exact date tbd), in cooperation with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Serbia;
- 87th International Agricultural Fair (Novi Sad, exact date tbd), in cooperation with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Serbia;
- 5th EUSAIR Annual Forum (Belgrade, exact date to be decided).
Further topics discussed were the next Adriatic and Ionian Council/EUSAIR Ministers of Foreign Affairs meeting, the preparation of the Belgrade Declaration, the updated Rules of Procedures due to the entry of the Republic of San Marino in the AII and the organization of the AII 20th Anniversary Celebrations.
Please find here the agreed minutes of the CSO.
The 11th Meeting of the EUSAIR Governing Board took place in Brussels on 18-19 February 2020.
As far as the core of the EUSAIR GB, GB acknowledged the implemented activities and outcomes of the Serbian Chairmanship’s Programme, as well as the outline of the 5th EUSAIR Annual Forum. The announcement of final dates (14-16 April or 13-15 May 2020) will follow soon.
Other key topics discussed during the Governing Board were: the embedding process for the post-2020 and the ongoing preparation of the next programming period 2021-2027 by the representative sof Interreg ADRION.
Furthermore, Amb. Castellaneta took the floor to report on the meeting of the CSO held the previous day and on the organization of the AII 20th Anniversary Celebrations.
For further information regarding the EUSAIR GB please visit the official website: https://www.adriatic-ionian.eu/